Pages

Monday, December 16, 2019

Summer learning Journey Day 1 , Week 1 , Activity 3

Hello and welcome back to my blog and I have got another summer learning journey blog.

Day 1 , Week 1 , Activity 3 

Task:

Please choose a charity that you are interested in.Read about the charity.

SPCA


5 Facts
  • The SPCA was founded in England in 1824.
  • The SPCA came to New Zealand in 1872.
  • The animals that used the SPCA in the early days were from the early settlers in New Zealand.
  • The SPCA looks after all types of animals.
  • The SPCA saves around 670,000 dogs!
Thank you😎

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Dakota, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    I am extremely pleased that you chose the SPCA as the charity you are interested in. It is such an awesome organisation that does incredible work!
    I didn’t know that the SPCA had been around for such a long time, or that it was founded in England. Thank you for sharing this new information.
    SPCA stands for Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, and did you know that in Australia they call it the RSPCA. The ‘R’ in the Australian version stands for the word Royal.
    I adopted my kitten from the SPCA as I thought it was a better idea to get him from a charity organisation rather than the pet store.
    Have you ever adopted an animal from the SPCA or a similar institution?
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post